Our team specializes in providing financial deal execution services in the field of Energy and Oil and Gas. You can think of the team as your outsourced Structured Finance/ Project Finance department.
The advisory team has over 20 years of experience in energy financing and structuring of competitive solutions and participated in project finance transactions across the fields of Hydro, PV, Wind energy and petroleum products terminals with a regional focus on Middle East, Africa and East Europe. Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, Nigeria, Malawi, Hungary are some of the markets that the team is very experienced in.
- Search for potential lenders, check availability, general terms and conditions.
- Manage all work flows through the whole life cycle of the Financial Closing (“FC”) process to ensure all closing requirements are met, deadlines are achieved.
- Establish and follow up the FC roadmap from early initiation up to FC and first drawdown.
- Moderate the roadmap of FC in case needed.
- Review project related legal documentation for bankability checks, comment on bankability early on.
- Manage financial, legal and corporate documentation to ensure timely delivery from internal and external sources.
- Negotiate with lenders to achieve most favorable terms and conditions; shortlist potential lenders and provide guidance for best lending alternatives to be mandated.
- Collaborate and negotiate with Development Financial Institutions (“DFI”), International Financial Institutions (“IFI”), Commercial Banks, International Banks, Local Banks and brokers to arrange project finance facilities.
- Collaborate and negotiate Investors to arrange equity and/or mezzanine facilities.
- Partial Risk Guarantees (“PRG”) and Political Risk Insurances (“PRI”) with multilaterals – World Bank-MIGA, AFDB etc.and/or private underwriters – to provide coverage for debt and equity in required jurisdictions.
- Manage proper filing of the project financing documentation.
- Ensure timely deliveries and data distribution to potentials lenders, investors.
- Manage due diligence process by lenders, ensure closing packages and timely satisfaction of Conditions Precedent for initial drawdown.
- Work with internal/external financial modelers (assigned by the Company for the needs of financing if this scope is not to be covered by GoldenHill) to coordinate the adjustments in financial models.
- Discern and resolve issues that may emerge during the FC process.
- Maintain professional, technical and market knowledge for successful FC requirements.
- Represent the Client diligently in front of different audiences like lenders/ investors.
Yezdan Akcacakir – Deal Leader
Yezdan has 20 years of experience in structured and project finance. The markets covered are Middle East, Africa (with specific deal experience in Sub-Sharan Africa), Europe and USA.
Prior to leading GOLDENHILL’s advisory services, she headed up the structured finance team of Phanes Group which is a German solar PV developer specialized in Africa.
Prior to that she was the Head of Structured Finance in SunEdison which was the largest renewable energy developer worldwide. (NYSE quoted company). She covered Middle East, North Africa and Turkey.
Prior to joining SunEdison, Ms. Akcacakir spent five years as the Director of Finance in Habboush Group, the operating partner of Goldman Sachs (‘GS’) for GS’s renewable energy portfolio of 1.8 GWs in Turkey. Habboush Group is an Iraqi-American company with headquarters in Istanbul and offices in Dubai, Basrah and Baghdad. Ms. Akcacakir has led numerous business initiatives in the region for Habboush Group including establishing JV businesses with AAA rating international companies (i.e/ Halliburton, Fluor, Petrofac, Hanwha, SK) to start new businesses in Iraq.
Prior to joining Habboush Group, she worked as a banker for 11 years heavily involved in corporate and project finance and left her banking career from ABN Amro Bank in 2009.
Yezdan holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Dokuz Eylul, Turkey (1998) and speaks English and Turkish.